Wednesday, June 4, 2008

First thoughts

There is much to write about today! I saw my Saturn towed off into the distance -- saying good bye is never easy. It all started with my determination to go the the LA Book Expo right after school was out -- My car was a victim of my incredible naïveté that I could navigate the many miles of L.A. freeway without incident! I realized that most of my other trips to LA involved parking my car at one location and visiting nearby locations. I did, by the way, get to spend a couple of hours at BEA, but missed most of the authors I had so wanted to meet! I did get to see Leonard Nimoy and Alec Baldwin, however. My prize, though was a signed copy of the galley of Chris Raschka's new book for the kids at my school.

Despite the denting (mild term) of my front end, I was determined to drive the car home -- it took almost 12 hours and I had to take the fiberglass up with duct tape! Now begins the work of finding a new car.

No comments: